This 16”x20” abstract artwork is mixed media and contains oils, acrylics, gold/silver leafing, modeling paste, crackle paste, and cold wax. The primary technique used in creating this piece was palette knifing.
The inspiration for this name came from the frosty look of the paint, which reminds me of winter, as well as the focal point which reminded me of stems of flowers or plants. The bottom of the painting specifically has this white frosty texture going through it which reminds me of snow. This was created through acrylic molding paste and cold wax/oils. In general, this piece is reminiscent of a garden in winter—barren without its petals and leaves, but still has this beautiful quality of life about it as it gives us a promise of what’s to come.
This piece was originally a painting from 2020 that I decided to re-love into something else. I was really experimenting with it, wanting to push my abstract style and incorporate more linework and leafing.
Some of my favorite aspects of this piece include the texture, the color palette (I love the frosty colors and the vibrancy), the leafing, and the linework.
Words that I would use to describe this piece include:
- Windy: If I had to assign a natural element to it, I would give it “wind” or “air” because when I look at it, I can feel the movement. I can feel the energy and the winter breeze blowing through.
- Happy or joyful
- Fun: Sometimes when I look at this painting, I can imagine a child playing in the snow.
Someone who might love this piece is a person who loves non-objective abstracts; and loves energetic artwork that brings movement into their spaces. I think this piece would really go well in a space that otherwise is not that busy visually. This would add a lot of energy and would go well in a spot that has white walls or might be considered slightly minimalist. I can imagine it in an office space, bedroom, or living space.
Prints of this piece will not be created at this time; although, I reserve the rights to the image of this painting and may change my mind at my discretion.
The collector of this piece will receive a certificate of authentication. Additionally, by purchasing an original work, the buyer will be part of Nicole’s “Collector’s Circle”, which is a loyalty program that includes several perks, which can be seen in the additional description below.
This piece will be shipped in a sturdy box and wrapped in paper and bubble wrap to ensure safe delivery. International shipping is offered. Please refer below to my shipping policies.
16” (41.6 cm) wide x 20” (50.8 cm) tall x ¾ in (1.9 cm) depth
Mixed media on canvas
Framed: Yes--Black Float Frame
Signature: Front and back
Snowy Garden--Mixed Media Artwork
There is a 30 day return policy from purchase date. Please contact Nicole at email@example.com if there is an issue with your order. Please note that if you are returning original artwork, Nicole will give instructions on the best way to return the piece without getting damaged.
Requirements for Return
- Please email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org with your issue.
- 24 pictures/images of the items being returned. If the item is defective, please make sure to document the area of defect and photograph it as well as the piece or product as a whole.
- Return shipping fees will be the responsibility of the seller
- Refunds vs instore credit will discussed once the images and initial contact have been reviewed.
- Refunds will not be issued until the product has been received by Nicole
If a painting or your order is damaged upon arrival, please contact Nicole immediately at email@example.com.
If an original piece is damaged upon return and was not reported in the original return correspondence, a refund is no longer applicable.